The UK IIBA is a chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis representing the Business Analysis (BA) profession in the UK. The UK Chapter was formed in 2006 and runs regular events across the UK as well as hosting an annual European Conference.
The UK IIBA is a not for profit organisation and reinvests all funding received with the aim of
supporting the onward development of the BA Profession.
Back in December 2011 the UK IIBA launched it’s first ever survey designed to:
- Paint a picture of the Business Analysis profession in the UK to understand its maturity, and in future years, track changes to the profession.
- To provide insight to related industries who work closely with Business Analysts informing services and product offerings.
- To create an industry benchmark across a range of areas for BAs and Practice Heads to show strengths and weaknesses against BA practice nationally or in their Market Sector
The survey went out to:
- The IIBA UK mailing list which contains email details of around 3,000 BAs (both IIBA members and non-members)
- The IIBA UK Website
- The IIBA UK Twitter account which had 468 followers at the time of issue
- Through promotion to known organisations with a stake in Business Analysis including
AssistKD, BA Mentor, Barclays, British Gas, Certeco, EA Consulting Group, Hays, Hydrogen
Group, IRM UK, The JM Group, Nicoll Curtin, Pragnalysis, Randstad, Reed Professional
Services, Sanderson PLC and Skandia
Check out the results below: