Today the IIBA launched its new Agile Extension to the BABOK® Guide. Get it at iiba.info/AgileExtension.
The BABOK® is the IIBA’s Business Analyst Book of Knowledge that is the first formal approach of defining and documenting what the role of a business analyst does.
The purpose of this extension is to:
- Highlight the importance of business analysis practices in an agile context
- Show how business analysis is performed in agile lifecycles
- Offer key principles that should guide business analysis practice in agile environments
- Develop existing business analysis tasks, and existing techniques and show how they are useful in an agile context
- Give information on new techniques and additional information on existing techniques
As someone that has been working in this space for some time, attempting to adapt my existing skillset and knowledge to an agile environment,
I am really excited. I’m about half way through and I suspect that I’ll read it and re-read it.
It’s exciting to see agile adoption on the increase and this extension book will help BA’s feel equipped to work with developers and clients who are actively using SCRUM, XP or KANBAN.
My hope is to prepare some posts and feedback from what I’ve read in the extension, I’m also keen to see how my own approaches compare to those that have been outlined in the guide.